Sunday 6 April 2014

Challenge 11 PRETTY SHABBY CHIC

Good morning and welcome to a brand new challenge! Our theme for the next two weeks is

Pretty Shabby Chic

Before we check out the inspiration from our DT, a big thank you to everyone who entered our 'Metallic' themed challenge, our lucky winner as chosen by random.org is 

12. Teresa

congratulations hun, email us quoting the code PPWK10001 to claim your prize!

and our top 3 for challenge 10 are:

1 Yogi
9 Samantha Wade
15 Rachel Fisher

Congratulations ladies, don't forget to grab your Top 3 badges for your blogs!!

If you've got a few minutes why not pop over and join our Facebook group where you can share your projects and find lots of inspiration too

We've got a fab prize of Premium  Craft Brands goodies up for grabs thanks to our generous sponsors Your Creativity Store! You don't have to use our products to enter the challenge but of course we love it  when you do.

So lets see what the DT have been busy creating for inspiration for the new challenge......

Claire  I had loads of messy fun altering the cover of a Next directory to create an art journal cover. After priming with a coat of Maimeri Gesso  I used  Maimeri Light Modelling Paste through the Fabric  and Mosaic stencils from Dutch Doobadoo for some texture. I added some colour with Turquoise Tint and Magenta Tint PanPastels and used Gold PanPastel for some shimmer. Next came lots of die cuts, again coloured up with PanPastels, I used a touch of Raw Umber to distress things here and there. The die cut flowers were made by using Maimeri Iridescent Paste on fabric, I brushed the paste on and then added a little colour by dusting over with my PanPastels and blending with a brush. I sprinkled on a little clear gitter and left it to dry for a couple of hours before die cutting the flowers and layering them up




Terry I had me some fun with a Bottle Label from Dutch Doobadoo...I worked on the background with Shabby Chic papers, lots of butterflies, Varens Honeycomb Card-SoftBoard and the large butterflies are colored with PanPastels, placed some lace and  and various roses. 


Tracy - Hello sweet friends, I spent a happy time in my shed mixing a few Pan Pastels with Gesso to create the colours I wanted for my shabby chic project today. Let me introduce you to  . . .
 The keeper of our Dreams
More details over on my blog. xox

Anjie - I've decided to go pretty this week to show how versatile the products are, you don't have to be a grungy or arty crafter, you really can use them for anything! I have embossed a piece of card using the stencil and have then coloured through it using the Turquoise Tint - Pan Pastel & Magenta Shade - Pan Pastel. I have used the Spun Sugar distress ink around the edges of the paper and card after using a file to slightly distress them. I have made the bow from Spider web.

Lou: for my project I have decided to use Pan Pastels to alter the colour of my papers and embellishments to create my shabby chic card. I have covered my papers in white Maimeri acyrlic paint and then altered their colour using Raw Umber, Titanium White and Permanent Red Tint pan pastels. For my flowers, I have coloured them first using Permananet Red Tint and Ultramarine Blue pan pastels and then brushed over with Titanium White with a wet paint brush. This breaks down the fibers of the paper flowers and allows me to manipulate them (as well as softening the colours).


 I also stamped the images using Raw Umber pan pastel by creating a water mix and then applying this to my stamp. it creates a "washed out" and aged feel to my image.


My project has then been finished with some ribbon offcuts, a chipboard button and die cuts.


****************************************************************************************************
This challenge will run for two weeks so you have until  Saturday 19th April  to enter the challenge so you have LOADS of time and the winner will win a super stash of Premium Crafts goodies including Pan Pastels, Mediums, Masks and who knows what else! The winner will be announced on Sunday 27th April.

We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone
3. We'd love you to TRY and play along with the challenge if you can although it's not a hard and fast rule but extra brownie points are awarded to those who do. 
4. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address - if the prize is not claimed within 14 days it will be offered to someone on the Top 3 from the same week.
5. You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter

And remember - our Top 3 is eligible for the running to be offered a place as a forthcoming Guest designer too!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

10 comments:

  1. gorgeous inspiration! Thanks for putting my canvas in the top three!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the gorgeous inspirations and another great challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge and fab inspiration from the DT. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya - some lovely pieces from the DT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge love shabby chic, i love the card made by Lou, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the DT creations and thanks for the challange.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. entered my piece for the challenge. hope ive done it right cos at moment its not showing me for number 30!!! will check back in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive seen it! so excited im not a computer person so its been a challenge for me to even join in!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!